The Big Boys Curry Book
Jeera Pork Kebab
Light, fresh mince pork and cumin kebabs.This is an invention of my own. It uses minced pork and cumin to provide a simple, light kebab that can be enjoyed by most. You can buy minced pork in the supermarkets or simply do your own in a food processor using reasonably good quality meat with the fat removed. The quantities are barbecue sized. You can always cut them down if you want to make this as an individual dish.You will need skewers for this.
- 2lb Finely minced lean pork.
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tspn ground black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- Mix meat and marinade ingredients in a non metallic bowl, cover and leave in fridge for 12-36 hours.
- When ready to cook, mix other ingredients (salt, pepper and egg) with meat mixture.
- Shape portions of the meat as sausages and thread onto skewers.
- Cook on barbecue or under grill.